Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This can't be happening!!!

I was involved in a project in some rural communities without
basic infrastructures like portable water,primary healthcare and
schools-reason for my long 'sabastical'.
Its was indeed an eye opener. I had 1st hand experience of what
poverty and illiteracy was.The most shocking part was seeing children
learning in what is suppose to be a school(under a mango tree, with barely enough
chairs and desks).
 Just one grade and a teacher for pupils of different age and the community seems so
grateful for just having a 'that' unlike their 'unlucky' neighbouring communities.
In this modern times,I couldn't believe that such thing still exist.Made me felt
like I was living in my great grandparents era.
This communities aren't asking for light,better security or welfare....all they want is
just water,primary healthcare and school-no matter how little!
 In a country with jet flying billionaires,exotic cars riding millonaires and pot-bellied
politicians....lets us show a little kindness

No comments:

Post a Comment